Did we have a spectacular evening at Fabric with Casey Ryder? In fact, we did!
1. Casey is an amazing human. Spinning and fiber purveyor recently expanded into the cashmere world of yarn; she was a delight!
2. Her unforgettable trip to Tajikistan made us feel like we’d gone along on the journey.
3. YARN, YARN, YARN. Go and get some of this hand-spun sustainable cashmere or cashgora. It is the best!
4. When you buy the cashgora or cashmere from Cashmere People, you are transforming lives, people! Transforming lives through buying yarn is something I can get behind! Who is with me?
5. Amazing non yarn items were available for purchase too. The elusive Taproot Magazine was in the building, along with Casey’s tempting Coffee Club, Making Magazines, handmade rug mugs, and some of Amy King’s handmade ceramic mugs may have found new homes as well.
Did you miss out? The Gofundme for Casey’s project is still live with lots of rewards, including some that were available at the meeting. Go now, the fundraiser ends April 30th. Check it out here
And that was just the guest speaker part. We also had a rip roaring share session (one of my favorite parts of the guild community). I apologize for the picture quality. It was all too exciting and I’m not a great photographer on my best day.
We also had several quilts make appearances. Did you know that FABRIC has a long arm you can learn to use? Talia showed us a few of the awesome pieces recently made in house.
It was a wonderful evening, thanks again to all those who shared their WIPS and FO’s, and massive thanks to Casey Ryder! Casey’s shop Portfiber is located in beautiful Portland, Maine. If you missed her talk, take a field trip out to the store and report back. I am definitely making plans for a visit.