With an enthusiastic crowd and passionate presenters, Common Cod Fiber Guild celebrated metro Boston’s creative mojo for the fourth time. As President Karen Gareis picked up the mike, the nearly 200 people fell immediately to a hushed anticipation. This year’s speakers included:
- Lauren McClain spoke on the intersection of knitwear design and pop culture.
- Jeannine Mosely shared creative prop making for North Cambridge Family Opera Company.
- Eric Parkes explained the chocolate making process (he offers a chocolate CSA).
- Joetta Maue discussed her fine art embroidery depicting everyday experiences.
- Mike Ripley revealed habits of Adult Fans of Lego.
- Susan Eiseman Levitin dove into facets of gluten-free baking.
- Roxanne Reddington-Wilde made sourdough bread baking simple.
- Jesse Marsolais walked us through creating a carved stone and letterpress printed keepsake.
- Jami Osborne showed how crocheting a dragon could turn into crocheting many dragons.
- Willa Bandler spoke of her volunteer work leading art classes at women’s prisons.
Punctuating the middle of the set were three brave and entertaining souls who conquered Ignite Karaoke! Each volunteer received a WineHug for their impromptu storytelling cued by 6 hilarious never-seen-before images (thanks to Winehug for sponsoring prizes again this year!).
The crowd stormed the stage after the event, looking at items the speakers had brought to share with the crowd. Further merriment ensued with delicious cookies from Toni’s Own as well as some of Roxanne’s sourdough bread.
Stay tuned for the videos!