The Common Cod Fiber Guild Needs YOU!
We are looking for volunteers and nominations for the 2013-2014 season’s Board of Directors. If you think the Common Cod Fiber Guild is great, please consider running! For more information, including more detailed descriptions of position responsibilities, see here. The basics:
- Time commitment: About 5 hours per month (including monthly Board meetings and semi-monthly Guild meetings).
- Guild Meetings: It’s great if Board members are free at 5PM for a quick dinner with the speaker, or at least by 6PM to help set up and greet people at the door.
- Term: There is a 1-year commitment for all positions, although we’d love it if you stayed on longer.
Board Positions for 2013-2014
- President (must have served at least 1 year on Board)
- Membership/Community Coordinator
- Publicity Coordinator
- Program Manager
Nominations, Deadline, and Timeline
- Nominate yourself or a friend by April 23, 2013.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Board position and the nominee’s name and email address. Nominees will be given the chance to approve their nomination before going on the ballot.
- Candidates announced: May 10 meeting. Online voting: May-June. New Board announced: July 12 meeting.
- You must be an active member to nominate yourself and/or to vote in the upcoming election. If you haven’t joined or have let your membership lapse, you can join or re-up here.
Hope to hear from you soon!